Monday, April 14, 2014

Wondering What Fun's Ahead

So it's been a week since my last post and we haven't done anything having to do with downsizing or being downtown since my last post. I made it through my biggest meeting of the year and then left OKC the next morning for a runaway girls' beach trip with three wonderful friends. We're sitting in the Mobile, Alabama airport at the moment, waiting to board the first plane on our journey back home after spending several days relaxing on the beach or sitting on the balcony with a terrific glass of wine. I think we're all feeling rejuvenated for sure.
















We're hearing some weather warnings for Oklahoma as we start home. I think the weather all week this week back home was in the 80s but I understand there are now freeze warnings for tomorrow night and Tuesday. Seriously, Oklahoma? Wow. I guess that's spring for you... but I am so ready for warmer weather to arrive and stay. Maybe not the stifling hot summer days just yet but warm, sunny days for sure. Good thing we haven't planted much yet in our new community garden!



So now I'm wondering what kind of fun lies ahead in the new few weeks... working in the community garden, for sure. The OKC Festival of the Arts is set for April 22-27, just over a week away. It will be great fun to be downtown for that and able to walk over to it any time we want to (along as the weather cooperates, of course). The H&8th food truck event will be coming up again on the 25th... I'm not sure if the Arts Festival will impact that or not. Guess we'll find out. And then the Paseo Art Walk is going to be on May 2.












Urban Neighbors is signing up for the Boathouse District's dragonboat league. We've never done anything like that but they all assure is it's great fun and I'm sure they wouldn't lead us astray. I think we'll practice on Sunday afternoons starting next week and the final regatta is on June 28th. We should only miss one session while we're in DC with all the Youth Tourians a couple of weeks before the regatta.







It looks like the new few weeks are going to be loads of downtown or near-downtown fun for us. Have I mentioned lately how happy I am that we made this move? :)



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment