Sunday, March 2, 2014

Snowed in...

For the second time in the 2 1/2 months we've lived downtown, we're spending a Sunday completely snowed in. Yep, it's almost 3 p.m. and we're both still in our pajamas. I don't see real clothes or shoes in our immediate future. :)

All we've done today is watch Netflix, watch it snow, listen to the freezing rain hit our windows and marvel at the occasional bouts of thunder sleet. Well, all that and be thankful we don't have to get out in the elements and drive anywhere today. Can't forget that.

I did manage to make some really wonderful soup for lunch... potatoes, carrots, great northern beans, green onions, BBQ sauce and spinach. It was quite the interesting mix. Will definitely have to make it again sometime but I hope this is my last chance this winter... because that would mean it warms up soon and I'm no longer interested in making soup. Here's what it looked like though... very pretty.


It was pretty gloomy yesterday but we met some friends last night (the goddesses and consorts) at a new restaurant. Well, it was new to all of us. I'm not sure how long it's been open. I hadn't heard of it before a couple days ago when one of the goddesses suggested it. I was happy they had a couple of vegan items on the menu even though they included tofu and I've never been a big tofu fan. It was so good, however, I may have to change my opinion of tofu in the future... at least at Guernsey Park anyway.


They had the prettiest light fixtures in the waiting area...


I had the Kung Pao tofu and I'll definitely have it again. I'm looking forward to taking the heathen son there sometime because I know he'll love it, too.


After dinner we had the gang over for dessert. I'd made some vegan brownies and a vegan pineapple cake. I had intended to make a vegan cream cheese frosting for the cake but realized, right before I added it to the powdered sugar, that the vegan cream cheese I had was garlic and chive! Yikes, that was close. On the bright side, the cake was good without frosting. :)

We won't have our Urban Neighbors bowling league the next couple of weeks because of home Thunder games. I'm not sure if that's because the whole area will be so crazy busy or because at least half our bowlers have season tickets but I'm leaning toward the latter. :) Unfortunately, we'll miss the first week of bowling when it starts back because we will be at the beach that week. No, wait. There's nothing unfortunate about being at the beach, missing bowling or not.


This is our favorite view...


By the time we get back from the beach, it will officially be spring. There's so much we haven't done downtown yet that we're still looking forward to. And on a day when you're snowed in, spring just can't get here fast enough.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Block 42

1 comment:

  1. Where is that place you ate at? And yes we are doing the same. Have been in PJ's all day. FInally got sick of myself and took a shower and put on clean PJs.

    ReplyDelete